View Member List

News: Mutatos have arrived! Build your own crazy creatures!

Author Topic: Sports Event Contest (Winners Announced!!)  (Read 10109 times)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

This contest has ended :)

Congrats to: SAMMYNONNIE, usernamejacob, WOOFY, and Nochows!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 03:11:53 PM by Emerald »
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline febcupcake

• View Profile

Very Cool Emmy! This is rather Different :) I wish I could enter but I suck with this Type of Topic. :) I might Try though.

P.S. I love your Sports Pictures they are Lovely! ^_^
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:19:38 PM by febcupcake »

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

That is why I didn't make it specific to the Olympics or real life sports.... you can do a unicorn race if you want to or a bunch of Greek gladiators :p

Offline etcheson99

• View Profile
    • www.club penguin.com

I CALL ROBOT UNICORN ATTACK VS NYAN CAT.
Do what you like, love what you do. ~Bang Yongguk

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

I'm probably not gonna enter any more contests or challenges. there's no point as I just suck at art :/ I'll never equal people like echy and sek and neon, so I'll never win. I give up, and I highly doubt anyone will ever change that...
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline febcupcake

• View Profile

So doing Greek Chariot Racing!!! Question... Are we allowed to do Teams Like, Hmm, Team Hades, Team Zeus, Etc?

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

@PonyLove: The vast majority of people who enter contests likely won't win, it is sort of a numbers game, that is why I give bonus emeralds just for taking the time to enter.

On the other hand, a theme like this won't have as many entries, so those who do enter are more likely to win. And challenging yourself by trying new themes does really help improve your work over time :)

@febcupcake: Anything you like!

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

*not so depressed about my art quality having seen what you said on the dragon contest post plus happy cause mum got some banana chips today* hmm, ok, maybe I might enter this one if I get time though.

me not getting anywhere in stuff probably isn't helped by the fact that I ALWAYS use equines or dragons if I can though xD I just don't seem to have the imagination for anything else though, unless I can get Rhiannon or megan to work, although I do make random humans sometimes (my fairies for instance xD)
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

Don't be sad you're maybenot winning at the moment Ponylove, when i first started to enter in contests i never thought i could win, but i practiced and got better and so it is pratice makes perfect, and the contests and challenges are a great way to practice new things  :D
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World
My Reality is Nonexistent

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

sad's who I AM, and don't ask why. (although part of the reason can be seen by looking at my gallery)

indeed everyone started from somewhere, but you've probably got more time to spend on here than me so were far more likely to get good, as it is you ended up past good xD

yes practise makes perfect, but I don't get much chance to practise as my parents don't like me making pictures here, apparently it's not "original art" whenever they say that I'm like "whatever" but thinking "maybe you should try using it before passing judgement!" (although sometimes more rudely than that :p) so I don't really get chance to practise much :/ I'd tell my parents to stop being so judgemental and just let me do stuff on here if I want cause it's better than not doing art at all and anyway, they ought to try it before telling me off for using it. (me not doing any art is what is happening atm, I have loads of ideas that I could pull off on here but not on paper and so I'm not drawing atm, but my parents majorly dislike me using the makers... >_<) but I daren't, the repercussions might be things like "no PC for a week" or such, which is not good... :/ (or even worse, they might delete my account, they know where I keep my passwords so they'd be able to find my password and delete my account. as it happens I doubt jane would do that, but AM? now she would do that >_< she basically hates this site, only tolerates roughly a picture a month >_< she ok with it as long as I'm using the forms but if I go to the makers or colouring books? nope, that's a no-go >_< so I have to be really careful about using them.  :(
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

You don't need to just practice on the makers... art anywhere will make you better here, that is just how it is. I have spent most of the past 5 years working entirely on the computer, but when I picked up some chalk not long ago I was much better at drawing with it.

This year I am better at making whirled backgrounds than I was last year, but I have spent most of that time improving by drawing assets for work. If you just keep drawing and designing, you will get keep improving for your entire life ;)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

only practising in the makers gets me better at using the makers though, doing other stuff doesn't seem to get ME better at using the makers >_<
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline shaoblade!

• View Profile

I have something to say to ponylove. If you want to get your art up, like em said practise but there are also books out there to teach you how to draw or do online art. theres art tutorials online as well.

p.s love your work em and am going to do a few entries for this compotition  :) ;D
unicorns dont care if you believe in them anymore than if you care if they believe in you.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I do understand your frustration PonyLove, but practice in one area does really help you in another.... it does take a lot of time, and sometimes it feels like you haven't gotten any better at all. Then all of the sudden your skill will "jump".

For a long time I couldn't paint realistic faces, so I just painted dragons and stuff and drew faces only in pencil. During that time I also did ceramics (so a bit of simple sculpting) and pixel art on the computer. After a couple years, I had another idea that needed a close up human face. I started painting expecting to have trouble, instead... it was easy. But that "jump" literally took two years of doing various types of art almost every day ;)

Another thing that might helps is getting a few of the people who are really good with makers to do some video tutorials to share their knowledge ;)

@shaoblade! Thanks! I am looking forward to more entries for these ones. They are hard subjects, but it is great to see the ways people tackle it :)