View Member List

News: Need emeralds? This page has some suggestions on how you can earn them.

Author Topic: Dress Up Deviant Art Challenge (Winners Announced!!)  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Our judge had a very hard time with this one, dress ups are hard to make and all of the entries showed a lot of creativity. Dress ups were judged on creative piece use, backgrounds, ease of use, detail put in, etc...

1rst Place: Elven Lady
 by Flowersunshine

2nd Place: Scene Chic
by Thea-Mesa-Lypi (aka EastAndTheBird)

3rd Place: Create Alice Foxjade
 by Wolfy (aka Fellefan)

Congrats guys! And thanks so much to everyone who entered!

Special instructions for the winners:

Flowersunshine, you can design up to 12 pieces, Thea-Mesa-Lypi you can design up to 5, and Wolfy you can design up to 3.

So, the pieces you design need to be things you would like as fashion accessories. If the pieces are something that any maker could use (like a flower or something else that doesn't "fit") then just draw out the piece how you would like it. If it is something that needs to fit, please make it "fit" the female fashion doll as I will be putting the pack up as a "Female Fashion Doll Accessory Pack".

I suggest that you make an image with a few copies of the doll on it, and save that to your computer, then draw on top and upload it back to the site. That way it will be the right size for our galleries and you can just let me know when it is ready for me to check out.

Other than that, I will just wait and see what you guys design. If something really won't work, then I will let you know and we will work something out. I will have to redraw your idea inside flash, and I may have to adjust the style to make sure it matches the site ;)

Have fun!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 05:59:59 PM by Emerald »
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

I'm working on mine as fast as I can :p nearly got all the dresses done, trousers and skirts next.
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Rearmost Tree Slug

• View Profile

Haha, I doubt I'll finish it any time soon but this got me making a dress up again. Yay! Good luck to everyone who is competing :)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Sorry about the delay on this one guys... you may have noticed that dress ups are often approved very very slowly. Part of that is because our dress up save is occasionally breaking and I have to manually fix the dress ups, if the dress up is big that can take me a day or more. 

Boo is working on helping me fix that, but I didn't want to end this in case one of those "waiting" dress ups was suppose to be a contest entry ;)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

I so need to finish this >_<

I can't think up any more backgrounds so I'm just gonna send it for validation I think >_>

EDIT: okay could you validate it em? thanks :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 04:10:46 PM by PonyLove »
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

That is probably a good idea... I am going to end it as soon as I can find someone to help judge it ;)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Your dress up is approved :)

Do you know how to submit it on deviant art?

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

no, but I know you made a video of how to do it so I'll view that - and hope it works with the new submitting process I'm in a random trial group for...

EDIT: figured how to do it without the video :)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:41:32 AM by PonyLove »
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Yay! I guess this means I need to head over to deviant in the next day or so and make sure everything is ready for the judging ;)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Congrats guys! I can't wait to see the pieces you design ;)

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Wow! I won  ;D I logged in and my emeralds caught my eye, I thought there must be a bug :P

Awesome! I look forward to this :)
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, I was hoping you three would spot the emeralds and come figure it out... I might have to message Thea-Mesa-Lypi and Wolfy if they don't notice ;)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Did you guys see this post yet Thea-Mesa-Lypi? Wolfy?