View Member List

News: If you are under 13, your parents need to sign  this form before you can post in the forum.

Author Topic: Trouble with Dress Up Maker  (Read 3228 times)

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Thank you so much Emerald! I really appreciate it :D
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I am sorry it too me so long to get too... fixing those is a really long dull task, lol. I basically have to go into the database for our site, open the part that has the text for your dress up (the text is what tells the dress up maker where to put each piece and what it is called), then copy the name of every single image one at a time into my browser. I have to check each image in the browser to make sure it isn't missing/corrupt since that seems to be what breaks it. If it is missing or broken, then I have to delete the line of text that lead to that piece.

I am hoping Boo and I can get that bug figured out soon, we can't really fix it until we figure out what causes it. And since it hasn't happened to me, that is hard to do. It is a way of using the game, or a type of asset, that I don't do (that a lot of our best dress up creators do). It doesn't tend to happen to simple dress ups, just big complex ones. We suspect it might have to do with the way in which pieces are deleted/removed... but I haven't been able to replicate it :(

Did you notice any missing pieces in your dress up? I removed at least half a dozen text entries from yours, but it is possible that they were to pieces that should have been removed.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

I didn't notice anything missing, but it's been quite a while since I made it. I know that I have 26 drag and drop items, but I expected those to be with fewer, and I can't remember what items I had put in in the first place  :P

Maybe it has something to do with the asset names? The same way that having punctuation marks in dress up titles are causing trouble?
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

As you were working, did you delete any pieces that you decided where wrong or had to be changed?

The assets are renamed by our script to long nonsense names... so what you called them originally, we don't even see ;)

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Yes, I probably did. I think I removed some things because they were in the wrong order.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

K, thanks. We will keep trying to reproduce that bug ;)

Rosemarry

Hey, Em, sorry to be a bother, but my latest dress up is only available through my profile and is not showing up on the page with all the other dress ups. Thanks  :D

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

If you have six dress ups in total, then I can find all of them on the dress up page and through your profile. If you have seven, then I don't see it on your profile either  :-\

Offline EveOfTheTardis

• View Profile

Rosemarry, when I look at your dressups from your profile I only see four  :o
Not all those who wander are lost
--> http://nicnic09.deviantart.com/ <--

Rosemarry

I just deleted some.....I, personally, can not see my Elven Shepherdess on the Dress Up page.

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Weird, I can... I wouldn't worry too much about it, Rosemarry :) As long as others can see it, right? And that seems to be the case ^^

Offline Hialith

• View Profile

I found the Elven one in the Dress Up page.  It was somewhere near the middle (which I found odd because I have always assumed that the newest dress ups were near the bottom).  And it's definately on your gallery's dress up page.  I like your dress ups :) so keep up the good work.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

@Rosemarry

I can see four dress ups approved including your Sheperdess on your profile. I also double checked to make sure it is on the dress ups page, it is just well over half way down the page. (You can use the "find" function in your web browser to look for things like that more quickly.)

The sorting on the dress ups is kinda crazy because it is based on the ID number that is made when you start the dress up, not on when you actually finished the dress up. We started a gallery to better organize them and let you guys rate them and search them, but we haven't finished it yet.

Hopefully we can get that finished up sometime soon to make it easier for everybody to find and play stuff :)

Offline AlianaCrow

• View Profile

I published my sphinx dressup a while back, and like some of my other dressups, I was unable to test it. I checked through it again to make sure none of my pieces were glitching out of existence, and once I was sure everything was fine, I published it again. Since then, it has had the 'waiting for approval' text underneath it and I still can't test it. I waited for a while, thinking the delay was because of the same problem that won't let me test, as that has delayed approval before. However, another dressup I published after the Sphinx one and which had the same testing problem was approved in less than a week. I have checked to make sure the dressup is lined up properly, and nothing indicates that it was rejected. As I am currently working on another dressup, I am a bit worried that my older dressup is still untestable and waiting for approval.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Sorry, your sphinx one broke and it was a really hard one for me to fix. I got it working, but I really wish I could figure out what was causing this bug. I haven't been able to make any of my dress ups "break" this way, but I have noticed it is almost always the bigger more detailed dress ups that have the problem :(