View Member List

News: Wondering where the treasure pieces are? Try visiting your hoard.

Author Topic: An idea! ^_^  (Read 1334 times)

Offline Annakova

• View Profile

Hey Emmy! I love to play around with the makers, and since I have limited internet time, I can't really do it that often. Maybe, you could possibly make the makers downloadable? I really love to play them! This would help me become not so bored all the time! <3
Hello! I'm an aspiring self-taught digital artist. I read a few tutorials now and then... that doesn't count, does it? :P

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

We have thought about that... and probably some time in the future there will be some kind of offline one. The thing is, all the market pieces and hoard stuff would not be available since it isn't actually "inside" the makers. It is downloaded separately as you use it ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

If you open the tab of the maker you want to use while you're online, then leave it open, it will still work when you are offline. :) You just can't make new assets or delete old ones.

Just thought I'd put in my penny's worth of info! :)
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Annakova

• View Profile

Alright! ;D Although, Emerald, you could make it with "variables". Like, if you bought a piece, then you can use it in the offline makers by downloading all your bought pieces, and for example...if this was in gamemaker, it would be like...
Create the variable "boughtpiece_tiara"...
Then, when you buy the tiara...
"boughtpiece_tiara = 1"
And...
"If boughtpiece_tiara = 1"...
...then it would include it in the downloadable parts pack. ;D That would be so awesome! sorry if you can't understand...hehe!

If that's what you meant, that's cool! ^-^

@PonyLove: Thanks for the information! That's very helpful! :P
Hello! I'm an aspiring self-taught digital artist. I read a few tutorials now and then... that doesn't count, does it? :P

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, it isn't a matter of me not understanding code. It is more a matter of how we would do it so that parents could understand it was a safe and trusted download. It would just be one single file, we wouldn't want to have to replicate our entire online structure on the users computer...

Plus, we still need people to come here regularly and if we gave everyone everything to have on their computers, there wouldn't be much reason to come back. The ads don't make very much money, but without them we would have to shut down the site because emerald sales don't make enough to cover server costs ;)

Offline Annakova

• View Profile

Well, first of all...my parents allow me to download anything. ;D
And second, I'll come back here to talk to my friends on the forums! I love to talk, hang out with people, you know. :)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I am sure that is true :)

We have to design for lots of people though, and most of our traffic doesn't actually use the forums... they are too young or don't have actual accounts ;)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

I'm glad that my info was helpful Elysa. :)
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Annakova

• View Profile

Also, Firefox has a "Work Offline" mode in File > Work Offline. That means, you are offline, but any page you have visited, you can be on. ^_^