Author Topic: Avatars in coloring books?  (Read 1911 times)

Offline Furryfoxwolf

• View Profile

Hi! I was just randomly wondering if there was any chance it's possible to be able to save avatars in the freehand coloring book as well as the makers. Thanks  ;D

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Nope, it's not, and it won't be either:

Colour Book Avatars - the ability to save avatars out of the colouring book - Won't be made

Please check the list next time, I recently resorted it completely, so it should be easier to search through now ;)
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline Furryfoxwolf

• View Profile

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

It's okay, it can happen  :)
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

It's a shame em said no to that idea, it would have been nice.
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

It would be, but you should realize that avatars are not moderated/approved. If you make an avatar, you make one of an unapproved image. It's very easy to abuse that in the colouring books, much easier than in a magic maker.

Offline PandoraTheDragon

• View Profile

*gasp* what if you used magic stencil magicness powers? Oh noes! All the bad stencil avatars!  :(
active since 6/23/2013
DEVIANTART

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, stencil avatars can be abused.... but how many brand new users have stencils and know how to use them like that? Not many at all. Where as absolutely anyone can draw/write something inappropriate in like 30 seconds of colouring book use ;)

I really did want to do colouring book avatars, but some things are not worth the potential stress to deal with. Don't forget, this site is not our job. We do it in our spare time and the people helping mod are volunteers ;) As soon as it becomes stressful and not fun for us, we won't want to manage it anymore.

If at some point in the future, we have something in place that will help us deal with problems like that better, then we will look at it again :)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline PandoraTheDragon

• View Profile
active since 6/23/2013
DEVIANTART

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Offline EveOfTheTardis

• View Profile

where is the list again? I tried to find it but can't, i am aware how blind i can be when looking for something, it could be right in my face and i wouldn't notice it.
Not all those who wander are lost
--> http://nicnic09.deviantart.com/ <--

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Offline PandoraTheDragon

• View Profile

Anyway, back to naughty avatar problems.
@Em: When i first saw the dragon maker, i immediately knew it could have been abused easily with a few misused parts.
active since 6/23/2013
DEVIANTART

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

So can any of the makers, but people don't tend to realize that potentials as fast as they do with a pen. We have put creative games up on other sites (like whirled) and at this point we are pretty good at spotting which things will go wrong the fastest, lol.

It isn't that that makes can't be used in the wrong way, it is more that by the time it occurs to people they have generally already learned the site rules. Though if we suddenly got a bunch of problem avs, then I would have to make something more like one of the dress ups for people to make avs in. It would make me sad to do that :(