View Member List

News: Having trouble posting? If you are under 13, this is probably the reason...

Author Topic: Divinum Equu Tutorial! How to Make One in 10 Steps!  (Read 1332 times)

Offline CelticSwordswoman

• View Profile

Okay, I just decided to turn my latest maker image of a Diviquu into a tutorial. Here it is! In case, ya know, you wanted to make fan art or something....

Alright, so, here's how to make your own Diviquu in just ten steps. I'm not going to say they're easy steps, since it does take longer for quality, and it was also not easy for me.

1. Think of a pose and piece together the body.

2. Give the animal some color. I usually use colors from the Hair - Natural color tab for the main coat.

3. Smooth his parts together using stencils. Real horses don't have big black border lines along their joints.

4. Add the mane and tail. Remember, this is a Diviquu, so don't forget a fantasy color, even if it's just a streak. Unless, of course, you're making a foal or one that has not used magic yet, because Diviquus only gain their odd hair colors after they have used magic a few times.

5. Add some detail, such as hooves or horns (though horned Diviquus are rare), and maybe even lighting or shading effects to use later on when a background is added.

6. The markings! All Diviquus have special birthmarks which determine what type of magic they will be able to use. You can use whatever mark you want for your Diviquu, and they can be placed anywhere on the body, although the most common spots are the shoulders, hindquarters, and cheeks.

7. Save your Diviquu as an asset then clear. This step is optional, but I find it easier to add the background this way.

8. Make the background! This you can make whatever you want. After you're done with the background, don't forget to replace the Diviquu!

9. Replace the Diviquu back into the image. Also make sure he has room in the background and that he doesn't cover up important detail. You may need to move things around. If not, good job, you have great perception!

10. After you've placed your Diviquu, you might just want to add some more detail to make the image look better. Like the lighting effects, borders, or something to make the horse look more fitting in the image.

And now you're done! Enjoy your Diviquu, and don't forget to save the image somewhere. If you do do any fan art, I'd love to hear about and see it ^^

Get Down with the Sickness

Offline Ro

• View Profile

Offline CelticSwordswoman

• View Profile

Yeah, I remember seeing that in your gallery.
It's really cool, you did a pretty good job  ;)
Get Down with the Sickness

Coral Diamond

You are so good at this! I can only use menu chat. I can only use menu chat. Beautiful job!

Offline PandoraTheDragon

• View Profile
active since 6/23/2013
DEVIANTART

Coral Diamond

Offline Little Tiger

• View Profile