View Member List

News: New Contests! Fall Season Contest and Costume Design Challenge!

Author Topic: Different Bodies  (Read 831 times)

Offline murrimabutterfly

• View Profile

Does anyone have a good way to create children and less-muscular men on the Fashion Makers? (The latter does take precedence, since I'm currently trying to create a character of mine who is FTM and am completely out of ideas of how to make a young, slightly girly male)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 04:19:14 PM by murrimabutterfly »

Offline PandoraTheDragon

• View Profile

//shrugs
aaa idk
i'm thinking that maybe you could asset together male and female doll maker parts into a something but then it'd be hard to dress up :<
active since 6/23/2013
DEVIANTART

Offline EveOfTheTardis

• View Profile

It would be very difficult and time consuming but you could make a person out of stencils
Not all those who wander are lost
--> http://nicnic09.deviantart.com/ <--

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

Take assets of head, feet, hands, and basically any bit that will not be covered by clothes. Then carefully use the clothes to create the body shape you need. Sleeves can be used for trouser legs, especially if you asset apart the upper and lower arms.

This is how I make side profile pictures at least. It should work for varying body shapes too! It helps if you can see how a piece might work as something else though. Think of an image you want to do and then, with that in mind, look for pieces that would make up said image. :)
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline murrimabutterfly

• View Profile

Unicorn Crazy: Thanks for the idea. Goes to show how little my brain works when I'm tired & stressed. Time to clear out my assets (easier said than done, sadly ^^;) and hunt through the various makers for parts. I'll try to make a rough tutorial of what I figure out.