View Member List

News: Need emeralds? This page has some suggestions on how you can earn them.

Author Topic: Pysanky Contest (Winners Announced!!)  (Read 5990 times)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

This contest has ended...

Congrats to: Katyviper, Nessu-san, and usernamejacob!

(A couple of you got a few extra emeralds or might have had a place message that did not match you placement in the actual contest because I messed up when I was closing the contest. Sorry.)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 04:17:50 PM by Emerald »
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline grey wolf

• View Profile

I'll enter!
(I've got the hang of doing them now! =D)
*Poke* Guess what?!

~~~~~-----MUSE ARE AWESOME------~~~~~

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

To anyone who wants to enter an egg that has already been approved:

Edit the description to say "Pysanky Contest".

That will let us know to put the egg in, you can quickly check and see if the egg is in the contest by seeing if there is a ribbon on it in your gallery ;)

Offline usernamejacob

• View Profile

I'm gonna enter all of mine!  ;D

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Offline febcupcake

• View Profile

I like mine alot with the bunny and all the colors!!! :) But I love everyone else's just a bit more!!! ;) Hoppy Easter Everyone!!! Ta ta!

-Febcupcake

Offline Nessu-san

• View Profile

Hi there! Just looking at the enteries and I see a ton of great ones! I just wanted to let you know Emerald that I think one of the pictures got misplaced. I think Alleyje's picture "Joan and her Horse" was to be in the camping contest.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Offline tyneewinee

• View Profile

Looking at these other entries, I've got NO chance  :'(
"When a personů has something important they want to protectů that's when they can become truly strong." ~Haku (Naruto Unleashed: Series 1)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Don't feel that way tyneewinee, just get inspired!

You can earn hoard treasures just for entering contests (even if you don't win) and you will get better with every pic you make. You can also enter as many times as you want, so if you think your idea needs more work, then give it another shot :)

Offline Gallop422

• View Profile
Hey i am a 11-14 yr old girl from the uk, im a horse owner and border collie gilr owner and i always want to talk on the forums!I am on deviant art as Sunset-Stallions, marvel horse as horse artist and howrse as wild heart123 !

Offline Katyviper

• View Profile

How much ems do we get for voting.

And why is our currency named after you?
"Lock your daughter's up y'all. Dixon boys just rolled into town."
-Merle Dixon

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Well, the site was originally the "Emerald Empress' Dungeon"... and I was the Emerald Empress :p We renamed the site Emerald Activities to help start shifting that. And the emeralds are meant to be named after the site, not me :)

When we implement the new version of the site, I don't plan to be "Emerald" anymore.... though I haven't figured out my new name. Having a website with your name on it seems like a much better idea at 17 than it does at 31 :p

In a contest 1st wins 300 emeralds, 2nd wins 150 emerald, 3rd wins 50 emeralds, and all participants recieve 10 emeralds at the end of the contest. Challenges a smaller and are judged rather than voted on. The winner of a challenge recieves 50 emeralds, the first runner up recieves 25 emeralds, the second runner up recieves 10 emeralds, and all participants recieve 5 emeralds at the end of the challenge.

Offline Katyviper

• View Profile

But you said we can earn Emeralds by voting. So how many Emeralds do we get for voting?
"Lock your daughter's up y'all. Dixon boys just rolled into town."
-Merle Dixon

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Congrats to: Katyviper, Nessu-san, and usernamejacob!

(A couple of you got a few extra emeralds or might have had a place message that did not match you placement in the actual contest because I messed up when I was closing the contest. Sorry.)

@katyviper: Any activities that give you emeralds while you play (so voting, playing in makers, etc...) use the same emerald counter script and give you the same amount of emeralds over time. We have not posted that amount though because we adjust it from time to time and have not figured out exactly what it should be. (We have never lowered it though.)

With the big site overhaul that we are doing, we plan to make that amount visible so that you can see emeralds as you earn them ;)

(Creating images is still the best emerald earner though, since you get a few more emeralds when it is approved and you can also get a couple more by entering it in a challenge or contest.)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 06:40:53 PM by Emerald »