**Just a quick note, click the play button twice to start the players. And they look all black because I haven't built the preview images yet ;)**
This tutorial covers bringing out new pieces, using backgrounds, layering, colouring, and using the manipulator tool.
This video covers the features available to members. Those features inclue: assets, avatars, hoard treasures, and market pieces.
This Tutorial covers colouring pieces in the Magic Makers, including: trasparency, primary and secondary colours, colouring patterns, the fill tool, and selecting colour pallettes.
Flipping and Transforming Pieces
This video focuses on using the manipulator tool. It covers resizing and distorting your pieces, as well as flipping and moving the rotation pivot point.
Using the Emerald Activities Colouring Book
This tutorial covers the features of the Colouring Book, including: the basic tools, selecting pages, and using stamps.
Member Feature tutorial
This tutorial goes over earning emeralds, finding the market, viewing your hoard/treasures, and your gallery.
Dress Up Tutorial
This tutorial goes over how to make your assets into a Dress Up Game in the Magic Dress Up Maker.
Asset Creation Tips
Some quick tips on making your assets unique and on building asset backgrounds for your dress up games.
Using A Dress Up
Before you build a dress up game, it is a good idea to try one out and see how they work. This video demonstrates the features your dress up game will have.
- Why can't I post?
- Where is role play?
- Why is there a Role Play Jr?
- How do I post a picture in the Forum?
- How do I get more Emeralds?
- Can I change my user name?
- How do I clear my Browser's Cache?
- How do I add a Budy and what does it do?
- How do I use the pieces I purchased in the Market?
- How long does it take for an image to be approved?
- Why was my image rejected?
- Why was my title/description changed or deleted?
- Do deleted images count towards hoard treasures?
- Why are there gallery and asset limits?
- How do I get other questions answered?
Users under the age of 13 can only use the drop down chat unless they have sent in a signed permission form from their parent or gardian. This policy is in place to keep our younger users from sharing information online without parental consent. If you need help figuring out how to send in the form (or if your parents have any questions), please use the contact form to get in touch with us. Guest users are also limited to drop down chat, mostly to prevent spam.
Role play is currently hidden from guests and users under the age of 13 (without a signed permission form), since it would be very difficult to participate in role play topics using drop down chat.
I made the RP/Storytelling Jr. so some users could have a basically blood/romance free zone. Our youngest users are not comfy with even small amounts of blood and flirting, so I thought it might be nice for them to have somewhere to go do little action rps and have a little more fun being "silly" than they can in some of these other threads.
You still need to keep the rest of roleplay and storytelling family friendly. (That means that a little bit of flirting and violence is ok, but it doesn't need to be overly descriptive. Just think of what you would be comfy reading in front of your class or to your family at the dinner table.) The rest of the forum is not hidden from younger users, so it has to stay clean. And honestly, even if we were to hide it, I really don't want a site full of "breeding" and other more adult content.
For overage users: You go to the image in your gallery (after it has been approved). Below the image is a little text link that says "share this image". Click that, and you will get some text you can copy and paste into the forum to post it.
Underage users with drop down chat can select the option to add an image to their post.
- spending time voting for a contest
- Playing in the magic makers (even if you don't keep the image)
- Colouring in the colouring books
- Submitting an image to the gallery (it must be approved)
- Entering a contest or challenge (well, the ones put on by me)
- Winning a contest or challenge
- Playing dino hangman
- Playing patchword (sorry it takes so long to load...)
- A few treasures award emeralds when you unlock them
- Some challenges/contests on deviant or facebook
- If you need emeralds quickly, or need a lot of them, you can also purchase them in the Market ;)
(Most of these activities don't award the emeralds until the end of the day!!! They will be put together and called "Daily Activity Emeralds" And you don't get them for contests or challenges until they end and prizes are awarded.)
At the moment, there is no way to change your name. We may look into changing that in the future ;)
To clear your cache in IE:
- Open the "Tools" menu at the top of your browser
- Select "Internet options"
- The "General" Tab should be up by default
- In the Section that says "Browsing History" Hit "Delete"
- Select only the "Temporary Internet Files"
- Hit "Delete"
To clear your cache in Firefox:
- Select Tools from the menu in the top of your browser
- Select "Clear Recent History"
- Check the box next to "Cache" (don't select anything else)
- Hit "Clear Now"
Right now, you click "Add to Buddy List" in the person's profile. Then, if they are online and you are viewing the member list, they will have a little green square by their name. Thats about all it does right now.
We are working on a full friends list where the other person will have to approve your friend request. There will probably be treasures and such for making friends. I would like to have a gift system too (like maybe dedicating images or sending pieces to each other) but I'm not sure if we will be able to figure that part out.
When you are in a Magic Maker, there is drop down labled "More Pieces" below the sheild shape. It holds all the pieces you have purchased in the market, as well as your assets and hoard treasures.
It can take anywhere from a few hours to a couple weeks to have your image approved. Booradley and I do most of the image approval ourselves, so if we go away or get really busy it will take longer. If I am at home, I try to approve the images at least once a day.
Images can be regected for several reasons:
- The image did not save correctly due to a problem on the site or the user's computer.
- The image is too similar to another image saved by the user.
- The image has violent or adult content that is not suitable for the site.
- The image is targeted in a negative way towards another user or real life person.
- There was no effort put into the image. (For example, 2 uncoloured pieces in the middle of nothing.)
- Anything else that a moderator feels is either inappropriate for the site, or reflects negative behavior towards another user.
Titles and descriptions can be altered for several reasons:
- The moderator could not understand the title/description due to poor spelling or slang.
- There was a site bug that prevented it from saving correctly.
- It was written in another language and google translate could not understand it clearly.
- It contained unsuitable content for the age groups on our site.
- The title or description contained personal information about the user that would violate COPPA.
- It contained negative content towards another member or our site or real life person.
- It portrayed body image in a negative way.
- It went against our site policies regarding Politics and Religion. (Basically, please avoid those topics... it is not what this site is for.)
As long as the image was approved before it was deleted, it will count towards earning treasures for your hoard. If the image was regected, it will not count towards that total.
It costs money to store images. In order to keep the site avaiable to everyone, we have to limit how many images any one users can save. In the future we plan to add paid accounts with increased storage for those who want them ;)
If you questions wasn't covered here, you can post your question in "Ask Emerald". If you need to speak to us privately, or can only use drop down chat, then please use the e-mail addresses available on our contact page.