View Member List

News: Mutatos have arrived! Build your own crazy creatures!

Author Topic: Family Contest (Winners Announced!!)  (Read 10449 times)

Offline MattsMadeOfCandy

• View Profile

OMG! I'm  soo happy i came 9th with my snake family!!!!! Congratulations every body all the pictures are amazing :D (So Happy!)
╔═════════════════════════════╗
xxxxxxxxxxxx ↠ Matt | Male | INFP | Joined 2012 ↞ xxxxxxxxxxxx
╚═════════════════════════════╝

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

eh... *shrugs* doesn't matter. I'm not really bothered where I came since I didn't place... although I have to say I was... uh... surprised shall I say, when I saw that two of the first place entries had non-made backgrounds. *shrugs* I didn't know people liked that.
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

The last few contest have had a lot of "made" backdrops, but we have had quite a few previous winners using just the regular ones too :)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

okay. maybe I'll try not making a custom backdrop next time I feel like entering a contest then.
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Honestly, I think it is very hard to say what the best practices and most liked things are, since not every person votes in every contest and the subjects change as well. So depending on who the voters are, and on which images they have to pick from, the things that make a "winning" image will change.

I have entered many many more contest than I have won in my life. Most of the things I have entered I wasn't even really noticed in, but I create for the sake of creating things. Contests are just a possible bonus :)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

mmm... *shrugs* whatever.
The Hiakan Solarsystem.