View Member List

News: Mutatos have arrived! Build your own crazy creatures!

Author Topic: Sports Event Contest (Winners Announced!!)  (Read 11467 times)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

I have loads of art books lol, I only count one of them as really good though, neon-dragon's dragonart book, it's AWESOME!!! and cause of it I draw dragons just sooo much better than horses  (and both without circles or anything such now) even though I've only been drawing dragons since about last Christmas and I've been drawing horses since I can remember O_o lmao.

as for the "jump" thing, my horse art did that last autumn lol, I went from shoddy to ok and I've been getting better at everything rapidly since xD only on paper though, my maker pictures just about look like a three year-old's xD my drawing at least looks like a seven year-old's :p

my CG art (so photoshop ect) is about half-way between my drawing and my maker ability on horses, and about the same as my drawing ability on dragons, no that is probably because I've been doing computer dragons from about the same time as on-paper dragons, unlike my horses xD

I couldn't compare on people as I don't have anything I can really compare xD people on here really aren't hard so it's obvious that I'd be getting them right on here more than on paper so I can only compare my drawing to my in PS stuff and I haven't done anything in PS (or other art programs) of a human very recently xD well, not properly :p I did a stickman animation recently but that doesn't really count haha!

also my painting made quite a big jump recently, before a few months ago (april or may I think my ability to paint made a jump forwards) I wasn't able to get the paint to blend so I couldn't shade very well, then suddenly on this random background I was making, I could xD I really dunno why my ability jump QUITE so drasticly though, one day I couldn't blend paint to save my life, next day my paintings look like I've got out the bender on my shading it's so smooth xD I think that's the most drastic jump my art ever made, and the only time I think one type of art has effected another kind of art for me xD

as for doing one kind of stuff helping with other kinds of stuff... as I said. For some reason that doesn't happen to me. the stuff I do in PhotoShop and such are mostly quite behind what I can do on paper (often I use my sketching pencils to do a black-and-white shaded drawing of something, scan it, then use the brush tool to dump colour down+some layer effects to colour it in PS as my drawing ablity is just that much better, but it's that much easier to shade colour by doing that, although recently PS has become obsilete for that even as I have figured shading with coloured pencils) and my maker stuff is even further behind that sooo... eh xD normally one kind of art doesn't effect another xD the only type of art that seems to get effected by other kinds is my painting, I do my linearts with pencil and I think the jump in my shading ability was cause my doing PC stuff slightly xD

hmm, this is gonna be another essay isn't it xD
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

yep, and even longer essay, that's two essays in a row from me in this here topic lol xD wish my RPing posts where that long, but I'd need to be RPing about 20 charries at a time to achieve that long a post in a RP xD
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, it is fairly long :)

The main point of my post is that you may not see the improvement for years... that doesn't mean it isn't happening ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

S.hade

I'll try, but I'm new and this is my first contest, so I'm not super clear. But I can still try!  ;D

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

At the very least you get some extra emeralds just for putting your pic in :)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

mm, but I've been doing art since I can rememeber, probably since before I could walk, and I'm really not very good at it :/
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I almost wish I could show you the first version of this site... almost :P

I made it when I was 17 and it was awful, I was 25 or so before I started being able to consistently draw what I wanted to. Even so, the stuff I did 5 years ago sucks compared to what I can do now. I imagine it will be the same with the stuff I do today when I look at it in five years ;)

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

When you were 17? So that means (according to your dA profile) that this site is about 14 years old already? We should have an anniversary part next year!
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Ya, lol... I don't know the month I started it anymore, but I know I was 17 when we got our first computer, and I started this website within the first couple weeks.

It was called the Emerald Empress' Dungeon then. It only had paper dolls, colouring pages to print off, and fantasy buttons and art for other people to use. I didn't find out about dress up games and online colouring books until I had had the site maybe two years or so :)

It is a lot different now :p

Offline YoDog41

• View Profile

I might just have to join this!  ;D
♔♠ ♣ ♥ ♦♘ YoDog41♘♠ ♣ ♥ ♦♔

Offline Gallop422

• View Profile
Hey i am a 11-14 yr old girl from the uk, im a horse owner and border collie gilr owner and i always want to talk on the forums!I am on deviant art as Sunset-Stallions, marvel horse as horse artist and howrse as wild heart123 !

Offline Ellen

• View Profile

I Love Swimming Or Diving! It Is Just So Great To Swim! And Beautifull Under Water For Diving!  :D Thats Why I Maked A Sports Contest Entry   ;) The Sport Is Swimming  :D It Is A Orang Woman Swimming Under Water  ;) And Theres A Big Text "SWIM!" xD  ;D

Offline Ellen

• View Profile

How Do You Make Your Own Website? xD i want to make a dragon website were you self are a dragon and theres 50 types of what dragon you will be  :D... but how do you make a website like THIS one? it is AWESOME!!!

Offline TheWerepyre

• View Profile

I made one! I feel proud of myself. I hope i win!
<--- Thunderbolt :D

Offline TheWerepyre

• View Profile

Em... You haven't excepted my entry yet...
<--- Thunderbolt :D