View Member List

News: Mutatos have arrived! Build your own crazy creatures!

Author Topic: Trouble with Dress Up Maker  (Read 3221 times)

Rosemarry

Hi. I have a dress up that I just recently "published" and is still waiting for approval that I can't test. The page with the title and green button that turns purple when you press it to go into the testing stage of the dress up is the only thing that works then it gives me a blank parchment page. Could you help please? I don't know if it didn't really "publish" so tried editing-that works and I re-published it with same results even after several refresh, waiting to go to it for a hour or so, and waiting on the blank parchment page for almost an hour to see if it just needed to load. Thanks so much for your help. :)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

gah, I know what the problem is... but it is a hard one to fix. I will try to get to it sometime this weekend, but it means that one of the pieces in your dress up has become "corrupt" so that it doesn't save right :(

(When it is fixed, at least one piece will be missing, sorry...)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

It took us most of the day, lol... but we managed to fix your dress up. I have approved it so you should be able to play it. If you decide that you really want to change something, I kept the files so the I could let you edit it again if needed.

Rosemarry

Opps, sorry Em.  :( For some reason I didn't see this till now. :-[
Thanks for spending the time getting it up and running  :D I really appreciated your efforts  ;D

Offline EveOfTheTardis

• View Profile

To Emerald
Everytime I try to make a dress up I open the dress up maker and it says there has been an error and to let you know in the forum
update:
after a few attempts it let me in and i started making it, then later when i went back to add more peices it did it again, but now ive made it and it has finished building i am having the same problem as rosemary where it won't let me test it
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:51:01 PM by nicnic09 »
Not all those who wander are lost
--> http://nicnic09.deviantart.com/ <--

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

ugh, ok.... Boo and I will try to fix it. I don't know if we can get it fixed tonight, but I will do by best to have it done in the next few days ;)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Um, which dress up is it?

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Hey Em,
I got the same problem as Rosemarry. :/
I expect the problem is in the drag and drop section. Once after I saved, four roses where missing.I had just deleted those from my assets. even though they had disappeared, they still took up slots, so now I was only able to add 26 draggable items.
I hope this helps you!
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

K, I will try to find them... it is tricky though since i have to search through file names which are made by brad's program so they are all nonsense, lol.

Sorry, this may take a while :(

Offline EveOfTheTardis

• View Profile

Em, it was my medieval dress maker, its approved now and luckily the pieces were close enough to being correctly on top of each other to not worry about, but it wouldn't let me test while it was building so i couldn't put it right, but as i say its close enough so don't worry about it specifically, i don't make dress ups that often so not for me but for others -> can you fix it pleeeaaasse so people can test before approval?
Not all those who wander are lost
--> http://nicnic09.deviantart.com/ <--

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Hey Em,
I know you're very busy, but I was just wondering how my dress up was going. I keep all the assets I still have now, in case I would have to add them again. But I would like to remove them again, because they do take a lot of space :/
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Rosemarry

Emerald, Hi, again.
Just published my newest dress up today...and can't test or edit it. Only says "Waiting for Approval"
Thanks, sorry to be a bother  :P

Offline AlianaCrow

• View Profile

When I try to test my dressup, all I get is a blank white space where the dressup should be. I removed punctuation from all the titles just in case that was the problem, but it still won't work.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Hi AlianaCrow & Flowersunshine... I just spent all last night on your dress ups and managed to fix both of them. I had to delete some pieces out of them, so I hope nothing important is missing.

I think we may have some idea of what is causing that dress up bug, but we can't test my theory until after we are done the contest we are entering. Boo just doesn't have enough time at night. I am hoping that in a month or two we can fix that bug and maybe do a few little dress up improvements.

Is anyone else still having troubles with a dress up?

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

nicnic09: That thing where it tells you there is an error and you should tell us in the forum, it seems to often happen when there is a ' in the title. We will try to fix that, but for now try to just use regular letters in your dress up titles.