Author Topic: Being Invsable to some people.  (Read 1400 times)

Offline Pandoralee

• View Profile

Hey Em I thought it would be a good idea for you to implement the ability to be invisible to some people when your on. So you don't get annoying messages like check our roleplay over and over.

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

What kind of messages exactly do you mean, Pandora? Are these messages that remind you about an RP you have joined already? Or are these messages that ask you to join an RP?

If it's really about an RP you have decided to join yourself, it's no more then natural that people remind you to post. Every person who's enjoying the RP they are in, gets frustrated when other people forget or start ignoring the RP. If you are no longer interested in an RP, you should tell your friends that you won't be posting anymore. If you want to stay in an RP, but don't have time to post anymore, you should also let them know. It's no more than common courtesy.

It might also not solve the problem if you just 'appear' offline. The sending of messages to a person, is not limited to whether that person is online or not. You'll probably also get these messages when you are not online. It's not something like a chat, it's more like emailing.
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline Pandoralee

• View Profile

No I mean I post quiet often on my rps and rarely do I abandon them unless I get ignored, I'm talking about if I don't respond to them just after they do and the person that I'm currently rping with will send me like 18 please check our rp in three minutes.

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Have you considered just asking them not to do that anymore?
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

Offline Pandoralee

• View Profile

Yes and she just ignores me .

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Personally I still think it's a better idea to solve this by communication than by having Em or doing something difficult or time consuming to the site. Plus, that would be a solution that would take longer.

I suggest you try to explain again, and maybe give this person a specific moment before which you shall post. It's probably a good idea to post it in the rp this concerns. If you give me the link or report your post, I'll be there to lend a hand and make sure things don't get out of control ;)

Offline Pandoralee

• View Profile

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

Oh, btw, Pandora: there is also a 'ignore' list, next to your buddy list. Maybe that will help you?

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I admit, I am one of those people who kind of likes being invisible so people can't bother me when I am trying to do art, lol.

However, I don't think we will be changing things like that on the site until the overhaul. Right now, that kind of functionality is really really hard to edit because it is part of the forum we built the site on top of. The forum was coded by someone else (it is the Simple Machines forum) and so finding the things we need to change is crazy time consuming ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier