View Member List

News: Mutatos have arrived! Build your own crazy creatures!

Author Topic: How to pose the male fashion maker body?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

So, as you can probably tell by some of my recent images, I really don't have an issue manipulating the female fashion maker body for pretty much whatever I want.

Problem is, I now need to do the same with a male body, so I can make a character of mine. Buuut I can't work out how to do this. All the stuff from the female fashion maker is curvy, even the loose stuff and the straightest skirts/dressess, obviously male bodies are pretty straight. But the male fash maker doesn't have the arm as a separate piece, and I don't want to use the holiday maker for this picture. So??? If anyone has any tips on how to fully customize a male body, I'd be grateful. Currently I'm just looking at building from scratch with whatever pieces I can actually make work for it.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 06:53:22 PM by UnicornCrazy »
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

What exactly are you looking for? Without a more specific goal i think the only tips i can give is to use the same method as with the female fashion maker and to look at the clothes more than the actual body  ???
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World
My Reality is Nonexistent

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

Well, I've been able to do this for Deamova:

But I now want to do a male of the same species, and I'm really struggling to do so. :/ Men don't have boobs or big hips, dangit, but all the clothing from the female maker is obviously curvy and all the male clothing is messed up cause of the whole for where the arm goes. *headdesk*

I've been trying with the same method as with the female body, but I'm struggling to find anything that works. :/ I can do all the limbs and stuff the exact same way easily, besides adding feathers to the wings and I guess making hands, the assets for that lot is done. I just can't work out the actual core body. :/ It's been a few days though, so maybe I'll take another look at it.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2015, 06:09:03 PM by UnicornCrazy »
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

if it's the hole you need covered then i have a trick  ;) first just put a normal shirt on your doll then make an asset of the bottom part of the second shirt in the male fashion maker. flip it vertically and adjust it so it makes up for the hole where the arm goes and lines up with rest of the shirt. This way you don't have to worry about shadows. Now the pants with the giant hand hole, fill the hole with a stencil, i recomend an oval circle, then use the scar IV stencil, adjust it so it's just a thin line and fill out the part of the seam that's missing. optionel step is just to go in with some stencils and make up for some shadows and more details.
This is the lightest example i could find you can kinda see where the cirkel stencil is placed
All my guy have such dark clothes *is very frustrated trying to find good examples*

here you can see the whole back (if it wasn't so fricking dark >.<)
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

Oh thank you! ^_^ That is really helpful. :D

The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

glad to be of help  :D i'll look forward to seeing you picture  ;D
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World

Offline Azomix44

• View Profile

You can use assets to select an arm (from female maker), or/and use the basic stencils (because these have no outline) to fix the outline.
Aa-ɑ -a Bb-b Cc-ts Єє-tʃ Єıєı-tɕ Dd-d Dıdı-ɟ Ee-ε -e Ff-f Gg-g Gıgı-gʲ Hh-h Θθ-θ Ii-i Її-ɨ Jj-dz Ээ-dʒ Эıэı-dʝ Kk-k Kıkı-kʲ Ll-l Mm-m Nn-r Γr-ŋ Oo-o - Pp-p Qq-x Rʀ-n Rıʀı-ɲ Σε-s Ss-ʃ Sısı-ɕ Tt-t Tıtı-c Uu-u -y Vv-v Ww-β Xx-ks Yy-j Zz-z Ʒʒ-ʒ Ʒıʒı-ʝ

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

It has finally been approved, so, here's the reference picture for my new character!

I didn't actually do much posing, but I did need to know so I could freely alter the proportions. And I'll pose more in non-ref images. xD
The Hiakan Solarsystem.

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

It looks so cool!!  :o i love the design of the wings and horns  ;D
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

Thank you! ^_^ The wings are a sorta trademark thing of the species, horns vary but often have rings or a spiral or something to make them interesting.

I should probably explain why Kiarheren and Deamova have different wings but are the same species... Irizantika have multiple personalities, and when they're properly in balance then they have the half membrane half feathered wings and stuff, generally looking like Kiarheren but colours vary a lot. However, trauma can tip them drastically out of balance, to produce either an Irisa (fully feahthered wings, white eyes, etc) or a Zantik (Drops all feathers, eyes and wing fingers go black.) Deamova is pictures there once she's Nauragsali, the villainess of the story whose alias translates to (literal)darkness* bringer. And she's a Zantik.

*Arieum elvish distinguishes between figurative darkness and literal darkness.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 05:45:49 PM by UnicornCrazy »
The Hiakan Solarsystem.