Author Topic: There's a Bug in my Hoard!  (Read 5799 times)

Offline kat121701

• View Profile

Animal Maker Why? Good morning.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Its a fair rule. Parents don't want people ripping off them or their kids, and its super hard to know which site are legit and which aren't. It probably won't help if that is your rule, but we are more than happy to talk to concerned parents about anything at all. Its good when parents stay involved :)

Peanut won't be allowed to buy things online. Though we might let her have a membership to a site or two once she is old enough to pick something like that.

Hi kat121701 :)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

ducky123

thx that makes me feel much better :)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Be happy that your parents love you so much that they want to keep you safe ;)

Irma

My parents NEVER upgrade my online stuff! Gah! That is HORRIBLY unfair!!!  :'( I'm sorry, Em....just angry... I have issues...

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Don't get frustrated with your parents. It is hard for parents to spend money for something that isn't really a physical object. Thats understandable. And this is the first group of parents that has had kids that grow up so involved in online activities. They can't really look at what their parents did as an example. I know that we are already having a hard time figuring out how much time Peanut should be able to spend online and what she should be allowed to do.

We of course would like this site to be our living, and if users buy emeralds or memberships they can help us make that happen. On the other hand, we know not everyone is allowed to buy things online or has the money to purchase things like that.

We don't want anyone to need paid memeberships to have fun on our site. That is why you can earn emeralds instead of buying them. Even with the image limits, you could save old stuff to your computer and then delete it to make room.

If you are really set on a membership for a website, ask for it as you would any really big gift. Like a Christmas or Birthday present. I know I would be more likely to get Peanut something like that if she asked for it instead of a toy or another game. On the other hand, many parents just don't want to give out credit card information online. That is also an understandable feeling, it always makes me nervous too.

Does that help at all?

Offline mamnat

• View Profile

I Had A Bug Too!Everything Said "Done!" I Was Like "Huh!Thats Wired!"

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

We will be doing a big overhaul to the hoard in the next few months... hopefully it will make your treasures easier to see and fix any bugs ;)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Boo has made some bug fixes, changes to the hoard. Has anyone had this trouble in the last week or two?

Irma

Em.....I just don't know why u need things to be paid for, I mean, not to be in your privacy, but are you exactly NEEDING the money?  ???

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I don't mind you asking, but there are a lot of reasons so this will be long :p

It costs money to have the site up every month. Every website is kept on a special computer called a "server". For small sites, people can use free servers, but big sites like this one you have to pay for the server. The bigger the site gets (so the more people saving images), the more it will cost Boo and I to keep it running. We already pay money every month to keep this site online for all of you.

It costs money to buy the programs we need to work on the site (and you have to get the newer versions).  The main program we use, Flash, costs $700 dollars for just once copy, and we need two copies of it. As we add more to the site, we need other programs too and they all cost money. If we start doing 3d makers and a virtual world, the programs alone will cost about $15, 000 to get started.

Our computers cost money, and we need to have pretty good ones to do what we do... so again we need to buy computers every couple years. (That is a lot of money too.)

If we want to have moderators to approve images and posts quickly (so that I can draw and you guys can have images approved even if I am out of town), that would cost money too. (People don't work for free.)

Would you like this site to have a virtual world? We really want to make one. But again, it will cost us money in server space and programs as well as enough money for Booradley to work on it full time. Otherwise he has to go work on games for another company, and he can only work on it very slowly.

Would you like a new Magic Maker every two weeks? That is how fast I could make them if this was my full time job, I can do a maker or about 4 packs for the store every 2 weeks if I could spend my whole day just drawing. But to do that, this site would have to give us enough money to pay our rent, for our food, and for our kids to have clothes, etc... I would love to spend my time just doing this, then we could have eventually have hundreds of makers and I could do most or even all of the requests. That would be wonderful! :)

So, ya... there are many many reasons. But it all comes down to money being what we need if we want to make this a fun site with lots of activities and things to do :)

loreinbook

man.....what you would be able to do if you won the lottery  :o

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, well we don't really buy tickets so that probably won't happen. But if enough users where on the site, we could do a lot of amazing stuff ;)

Irma

Ok...Em, can you check my new creations and mod them?  :o  :o  ???

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I think it is probably already done, I just finished approving images a few minutes ago... it won't get done again until late tonight because I need to get some pieces drawn ;)