View Member List

News: New Contests! Fall Season Contest and Costume Design Challenge!

Author Topic: wolves  (Read 3726 times)

Offline felineequine12

• View Profile

Uh, okay... Thanks...? XD

Anyway, ur welcome, dun! haha
"Drawing is like swimming:
You have to keep going until you get to the finish line, and even then, you need to keep practicing, even if you are at your best."
-ME!

Offline melsterrr4life

• View Profile

when i draw wolves, i used a reference. when i used this reference, i started to draw really good wolves. (its the wolf on the left. i have the game :P) but i don't use references anymore.

ilovedun

ya i know what you mean i tryed using a reference the first time and it came out pretty good but it still couldnt of been my best.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, thats what I though too... but I can now say that over time reference made me much much much better.

I started drawing early, like most of you seem to have, but I was over 20 when I started really using reference. Not just looking at one picture, but many so that I really understood what the full person/animal/object looked like. It made more forward progress in my artwork in a year or two that the previous 15 year put together.

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

ilovedun

i have drawn a pic like two weeks ago it was a landscape and i drew that with a referance. but thanx everyon efor tips and all the other type of stuff

Offline melsterrr4life

• View Profile

Np. I'm starting to get good at anime cuz i used a reference. The're really helpful you know.

Offline Newborndragon

• View Profile

You could also go to Deviantart.com and search for some "how to draw a wolf" tutorials. ;)
I can tell yah,those tutorials on deviantart are good,I used some for a dragon,and now I can draw them like Wonderful! ;D
"The only physical barrier capable of put a limit to something as insubstantial and infinite as the imagination is...a piece of paper"

-Esepibe on DA

Offline Harrierborn52

• View Profile

I'm not very good at drawing canines, but for everything else I'll usually use several references. That way I can get a good idea of the animal's anatomy, and it helps to draw it in many positions, whereas using only one ref only helps with one position.
"There is no exquisite beauty... without some strangeness in the proportion." -Edgar Allan Poe

Angel of Vengeance

I used so many references when I was younger,that I know how to draw everything I can think of :3
Although.....I had Anime Eyes shown to me by an 8th grader at school....They were really good! So,I took those,and in turn taught her how to make them better,lol.
People at school say I help them alot with drawing.....
I need one of those boards that connect to the computer,so I can draw to my full extent....UNLESS anyone knowshow I can post my pencil art on here?

Offline Harrierborn52

• View Profile

I would like to know that too- I draw a lot, and I'd really like it to be able to show my pictures and have people tell me of ways I can improve.
"There is no exquisite beauty... without some strangeness in the proportion." -Edgar Allan Poe

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

To post your hand drawn art, you will need to scan it or take a digital pic of it. Then you will need to upload it to some kind of photo/image sharing site that allows you to hotlink the images.

Some of the other users may be able to recommend good sites for that ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline Little Tiger

• View Profile

a wolf?! oh... :-X  really? a wolf?  ???