View Member List

News: Need emeralds? This page has some suggestions on how you can earn them.

Author Topic: Known Bugs - Feb 2011  (Read 6363 times)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

These are bugs that have recently been reported/seen:

1. Some images don't save correctly (the top part of the image will be fine, the rest will be black. The gallery thumbnails will also be missing/broken.) If this happens to you, always check your gallery in a new tab or window and make sure the image saved before you close the Magic Maker.

2. Sometimes you need to refresh to see the newest treasures in your hoard.

3. Images from the other users sometimes show up in member galleries. (Please let us know if this is still happening, Boo did a fix on this one.)

4. Users are being logged out for no apparent reason.

5. Error messages during log on. 'An Error Occurred. Please check your cookie settings!' You need to delete your cookies to get in. This seems to happen most often in Chrome.

A few people seem to be unable to log in at all. If you are one of those people, please e-mail me so that I can try and figure it out. (heather@emeraldactivities.com) You may be able to get on with the method below.

We haven't fixed it... but Boo managed to replicate it and this is how he got on the site:

There is a link in the error text, click that and it will take you back to the login screen but your user name will be filled out. Boo manage to log on with that page. Let us know if it works, and we keep trying to actually fix it ;)

6. A few people have trouble with their market pieces not loading. I think this may actually be caused by slower connections, we will try to come up with a solution. Refreshing may solve this problem.

7. If you have had 500 images in your gallery, you can no longer use the upload to gallery form. (It will say you still have 500 images even after some are deleted.)

8. Patterns do not work correctly on one of the blankets in the horse tack, and one of the blankets in the horse maker itself. There is also a broken dragon mouth in the classic dragon maker.

9. Topics don't say they have new replies until all those replies have been approved by a moderator. They also don't move to the top of the list until that is done.

Clearing your cache and cookies will help with several of these problems, so always give that a shot if you are having weird troubles ;)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 09:32:08 PM by Emerald »
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

I was just about to report that new posts not showing one xD glad you already know
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

The one where they don't move up to the top of the list?

Offline AllisiaTodd

• View Profile

I couldn't publish a Dress Up Maker after I had it all ready.  I hit publish, enetered my Game Name in, and hit enter.  After that, it showed a message saying, "An error occured."
AllisiaTodd, Home and Fashion

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Gah, that one has happened a few times but I don't know what is causing it. I do know that sometimes having special characters in the title can cause some problems though... Does the title have anything besides letters in it?

Offline Thea-Mesa-Lypi

• View Profile

1. On the big circle stencil that was added, the patterns are off. They may be like that on others, but I don't know.
2.When you make a stencil (basic and fancy) transparent and save it as an asset, you can't pick it up afterwards.
"To me, the most important things in life are art, love - of all kinds, and nature." - Alison Sudol, A Fine Frenzy

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

I will try to fix the circle stencil one next time I have the chance, though if that one is off some of the others probably are too. (I normally try to test the patterns on each piece, but that was a big pack, lol).

I don't think we can fix that other bug for now though, I will mention it to Boo but I suspect that it will have to stay that way until the next version of the makers ;)

Offline UnicornCrazy

• View Profile

yeah, the one where it doesn't move to the top of the list and stuff :)
The Hiakan Solarsystem.
The only truly inherently bad and destructive thing that exists is hatred. Everything else has the ability to be used for good, even violence has it's place. But hatred is incapable of causing anything but harm.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Ya, that one is really annoying and hopefully we can figure out a way to fix it.

Offline AllisiaTodd

• View Profile

I didn't have anything but letters.  I've tried it several times on both internet explorer and google chrome, neither of them worked.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

K, I am going to try to  fix it so that you can test it and make sure it works. I can't publish it without a title though. Do you know what you want to call it?

Offline AllisiaTodd

• View Profile

I was going to call it "Midnight Dance."

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

K, I opened up your dress up and the code for it was completely messed up. I don't know what caused the problem, but basically your images were still in the folder, but the positions and layers you had everything at were gone.The only way I could fix it was to completely rebuild it. I had to kind of guess at where you wanted things.

I have set the dress up to "waiting for approval" so that you can go in and test it. If you are ok with where I put stuff, then just let me know here and I will approve it. Otherwise, use the "edit" button and make your changes and then let me know it is safe to approve ;)

Offline AllisiaTodd

• View Profile

I went to the Dress up Maker, but I can't even click on the dress up to do anything with it.  I'm pretty sure its not done because it would never save properly.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

In never saved properly because the file was broken somehow, but I fixed it, finished it, saved it, and then published it for you. (It took me something like 3 hours, lol... I had to reposition all your assets. But I have already tested it and it seems ok.)

You can't click it in the dress up maker because it is "Waiting for approval". But if you go to this page http://www.emeraldactivities.com/dressups.php?user_id=7914 and click the text word "Test" that shows below the button. Then try it out.