View Member List

News: Need ideas? Visit our YouTube channel to watch tutorials and "Speed" Magic Maker demos!

Author Topic: why can't i just write normally?  (Read 1184 times)

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

hey Em, I wonder why we can't write normally pesonal messages to eachother. the system with choose and drop makes it hard to say very much.  :-\
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World
My Reality is Nonexistent

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

It is basically a safety measure. Bad people could try to use the message system to get in contact with younger people, or to bully and we simply can't moderate it. Most of the moderation on this site is just done by mom and me in our spare time.

If all goes well, users over 13 will eventually have freechat messages to each other, but Boo has to make a special "dictionary" of words so that it can't be used to share locations, names, ages, etc... and then he has to write the program that will let you guys use that dictionary to send messages. It is on our list, but it is a huge huge project.

I do plan to add more options to the drop down.. some stuff like "Please make a rescuer for my character" or "I have finished the next picture in our story, your turn.". If you have more suggestions, just let me know ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline bulle_sweet

• View Profile

okay thanks for the answer
My Dream is my Goal
My Fantasy is my World
My Reality is Nonexistent

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Sorry it isn't better news ;)

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

I was wondering about the dictionary... Instead of making a list, which takes ages, perhaps you could take a list and then remove all cursewords and words that could be used to share personal information? This might take less time.
Just me wondering ::)
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!

Offline brivio101

• View Profile

Is it only for 13+? Or also for kids who have parental permission?

Brivio was heeeeer......durrrrr .w.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

It will be for 13+ or those with permission.... but it won't be out for quite a long time I think.

We might start with a dictionary list and take out words, but either way it will probably take a similar amount of time. There are a lot of words in the English language, lol ;)

Offline NeonDragon

• View Profile

There are a lot of words in the English language, lol ;)

Just imagining how much coding that would take makes me dizzy XD.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com