View Member List

News: If you are under 13, your parents need to sign  this form before you can post in the forum.

Author Topic: This may be a glitch, or I may be mistaken  (Read 376 times)

Axeletta

How many emeralds does one earn from any interval of play on the makers?  I was working on a dressup all day yesterday and the day before: on the first day, I got 54 emeralds.  On the second, I got 49.  I'm quite positive I worked for more than five hours each time, so is this really the amount I should be getting?

Sorry if it is, I just need some more emeralds and I don't know how other people get background pieces so quickly without literally doing it all day long and fitting in no time for anything else...... I figure that something's wrong, but that could be false.

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

The exact way it counts is still kind of a secret, just to stop people from cheating it. We will be changing that with the next overhaul so that you see your emeralds update quicker, but that is a ways off yet.

I can say that the script stops counting if you are not "active" in the window, that makes it a little hard to judge exactly. (For example, if you stop building to send a message to a friend or something, it won't count that time.)

You may want to consider arranging some of the assets you are making into images for your gallery... you get some extra emeralds per approved images. (Just make sure that each image is unique, if they are too similar they can be rejected as sort of "cheating".)

Have you checked our deviant art group and facebook wall? I have given away emeralds in both of those places and I will be giving away more very soon.

(Also, don't forget that we have some users that have purchased emeralds to help out the site... and others that save them up for when something they love comes out.)

Hope that helps :)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Axeletta

Oh!  Alright.  You've given away Emeralds there?  There wouldn't be any live links from those still, would there be? :P

And thanks :)

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

There are indeed live links still :P

I really suggest that everybody keep watching those places and keep active when I do stuff there. I am doing it to help promote the site, but if no one gets involved then I won't bother, lol ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier