Advertisment

View Member List

News: Need emeralds? This page has some suggestions on how you can earn them.

Author Topic: Carnival Contest (Winners Announced!!)  (Read 4458 times)

Offline Hydrophyte

• View Profile

Em, can you wait some days with the end of this contest? I would like to make a pic, but on this week i have many things. :3

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Quite a few people have asked me to wait on this set, so I probably will ;)
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

Offline Hydrophyte

• View Profile

Thank you Em, you are the best! :D

Offline fishnet

• View Profile

It isn't really fair... I make the themes up. And even though I would never cheat, I do have access to the "votes" and such ;)

Well, can't you still just make a drawing like you were going to enter, but just not enter it? Get the fun of doing it, but not actually entering?

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

lol, I do... it is generally the example image :P

I could spend more time and make something I would enter if I could, but it always seems like I should do something else (like work on a maker or do an example for someone) since I can't really use the image ;)

Offline febcupcake

• View Profile

Hey Emerald you can enter but you could be a special picture display! Like a special section for non-voting so people can see your lovely and beautiful artwork!!! Hope you can... also may i suggest something? I really wish I could edit old art and improve the picture that would be awesome!!!! I love you Emerald!  :)
I don't care, I'm a Bear! c: ♥
"Don't admit to common society, it's too mainstream, kid." -Grand Von Ghost ©Febcupcake

Aria The Ultimate dragon

Hey Emerald you can enter but you could be a special picture display! Like a special section for non-voting so people can see your lovely and beautiful artwork!!! Hope you can... also may i suggest something? I really wish I could edit old art and improve the picture that would be awesome!!!! I love you Emerald!  :)

YUSHHHHHH!!!!! edit old art thats BRILLIANT!!!! >XD

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Sorry guys, editing old work just isn't possible... When you are working in a maker, all the different pieces are separate special things called "movie clips" that have layers inside them with the colour and shading. The image saved to your gallery no longer has those bits. All the stuff that was in it, is saved to just a flat normal image.

There is really no way to undo that... it is like taking a photo, you can pose people before the picture, but after you take it you can't change it (short of using an art program, lol).

Offline emilyhowe

• View Profile

Are we allowed to make a carnival horse or animal ?

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Offline emilyhowe

• View Profile

This is my first time entering a contest . Will you find my entries on your own or do I have to send you a link or something like that ?

Offline Emerald

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • HeatherLeeHarvey.com

Just make sure that your description says "Carnival Contest". When one of us approves your image, we will add it to the contest ;)

Offline ellieg1a

• View Profile

Give me like a little bit more time. I'm almost done with my creation
I'm no greater than just a being on earth, longing for the man I love to swoop me up and carry me away. Far, far from here.

Offline Flowersunshine

• View Profile

I just realized... I should try to get my ballroom background full of people in costumes... Why didn't I think of this earlier... Like before the weekend -.-'
No use now, it will never be done in time. Although I could try of course...
I suddenly realised that I use flowers alot, and actually called it my signature. So TADAA:

With lots of thanks to Dragonlord Daegen for making my beautiful signature!